Sunday, January 8, 2012

Which of these calibers would you get ?

It depends on where you hunt. I hunt in the mid west up and down the East side of the Rockies. I have never seen either of those two calibers of ammunition in the little mom and pop places that sell ammo to the locals. You find .22, .30-30, some .243 winchester, and .30-06 in several bullet weights. A sure fire way to ruin a hunt is to get to the location 350 miles from home and fine someone did not repeat not pick up the ammo can! It has happened to me. I hand load my rounds so I really hate to buy commercial rounds, but it has saved my hunt several times to be able to buy ammo when the nearest gun store is 85 miles away and the mom & pop place is open to sell burritos, coffee, and ammo when the hunt opens in 30 minutes. Get the .30-06 it will do anything the other two will with the proper hand-loads!

0 comments:

Post a Comment