Thursday, January 12, 2012

If I take NSAIDS every day for 5-10yrs, will it kill my liver?

Ok so. I have extreme knee pain that flares up at night. I'm 20, I've had it since I was 12, but it's getting worse. Had a T4 test (thyroid) done, lupus, variations of arthritis testing, xray, and an MRI done. All the tests showed no abnormalities. The doctor umes I have a severe case of Patella Femoral Syndrome. They have tried me on many anti inflammatory medications: Naproxen, higher dose of naproxen, diclofenac, etodolac, and now something I forgot the name of but it starts with a P and ends with "cam". He said that if it isn't better in 3mo (which it won't be, seeing as I've had it for 8yrs) surgery is our next option, which may or may not help. Thing is, I have to be working, my financial situation is so dire. I want to wait until I have a house and a career where I can take medical leave. As long as I follow dosage instructions, would continuing with my medications for YEARS cause irreparable damage?

0 comments:

Post a Comment